Welcome to the Quad-City Times Plus 60 Club!
What is the Quad City Times Plus 60 Club and what can it offer you?
Founded in 1975, it is a unique club to the Quad Cities which offers activities to keep seniors active and engaged with the community and beyond. This year we’re working on communication so if you have a comment, suggestion, or complaint, please contact us by phone (563-340-9653), or visit the contact page to utilize the online form.
We have a non-profit status so charges for events only cover our expenses. Remember: we have over 7,000 members but we have no meetings; all of our events are managed by a volunteer board of 12 members. The only time you devote to your membership is for the fun you choose!
Some of the benefits for membership are:
- Discounts on trips arranged by Travel Trailways in Burlington and Collette Travel. (Year-round)
- Free tickets to two selected plays at Playcrafters
- Free tickets to a ballgame at the Modern Woodmen Stadium. (July)
- Free informational lunch and learns provided by Genesis Health Systems
- Walks in local parks in the spring and fall
- Picnic at Mississippi Valley fairgrounds (June)
- Dinner cruise on the Celebration Belle (August)
- A bicycle ride (September)
- Discounted Twilight Cruise tickets (October)
- Dances (February and November)
- Golf tournaments (June and August)
- Seminars with lunches arranged by Eastern Iowa Community College
- An art show (September)
- Special presentations at The Figge and Putnam
- The Silver Bell Social at the Festival of Trees. (November)
- A 10%discount on your Quad City Times subscription!
We also give donations to agencies that provide services for seniors. If you participate in only a few activities, you’ll recoup your subscription price of $10 for single membership or $15 for couple membership for 3 years back in discounts. What a deal!
NOTE: You will be notified by the QC Times when your membership is about to expire. Please be aware that it takes a few weeks to get your membership card when you join or renew. You can sign up for events as soon as you submit your application and check, explaining that you have done so.
Join the Plus 60 Club Online!
PROVIDING AN ACTIVE LIFESTYLE FOR THOSE 55 AND OVER
If you would rather sign up through the mail, click here for a downloadable pdf file. Print the page, complete the form, make checks payable to PLUS 60 CLUB and then mail your check with the form to: PLUS 60 CLUB, Quad-City Times, P.O. Box 3828, Davenport, IA 52808
The Plus 60 Club, sponsored by the Quad-City Times, plans tours, dances, golf tournaments, picnics, bicycle rides, walks, baseball outings, entertainment events, seminars, and educational opportunities. We also offer free events and discounts on a variety of events to help seniors stay active.
Also, as a Plus 60 Club member, you will receive a 10% discount on a paid-in-advance, 7-day or Sunday only home delivery subscription to the Quad-City Times Newspaper. You will need to call the Quad-City Times when you receive your membership card to have your discount applied.
A 3-YEAR MEMBERSHIP IS ONLY $10 FOR SINGLES AND $15 FOR COUPLES.
Complete the online application for either New or Renewed Membership. EVERYONE AGED 55 AND OVER IS ELIGIBLE TO JOIN. Please note, it may take 4-6 weeks to get your membership card(s) but you may register for events as soon as your payment has cleared PayPal.
CAPTURING PLUS 60 EVENTS
By becoming a Plus 60 member and attending sponsored events, you are granting permission to Plus60 to use photographic and/or video images of you and your guests. Plus 60 may then display any of these images on this website.