Welcome to the Quad-City Times Plus 60 Club!
What is the Quad-City Times Plus 60 Club and what can it offer you?
Founded in 1975, it is a unique club to the Quad-Cities, which offers activities to keep seniors active and engaged with the community and beyond. This year we’re working on communication, so if you have a comment, suggestion or complaint, please contact us by phone (563) 340-9653, or visit the contact page to utilize the online form.
We have a non-profit status so charges for events only cover our expenses. Remember: we have more than 7,000 members but we have no meetings; all of our events are managed by a volunteer board of members. The only time you devote to your membership is for the fun you choose!
Some of the benefits for membership are:
- Discounts on trips year-round arranged by Trailways Travel in Burlington and Collette Travel.
- Free tickets to two selected plays at Playcrafters in Moline.
- Free tickets to two ballgames at the Modern Woodmen Park.
- Free informational lunch-and-learn sessions provided by Genesis Health Systems.
- Outdoor activities in local venues.
- A June picnic at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds.
- An August dinner cruise on the Celebration Belle riverboat.
- Discounted tickets for a Twilight riverboat cruise to Dubuque and back in October.
- Dances twice a year.
- Golf tournament in June.
- Seminars with lunches arranged by Eastern Iowa Community College.
- An art show in September.
- Special presentations at the Figge and Putnam.
We also give monetary donations to agencies that provide services for seniors. If you participate in only a few activities, you’ll recoup your membership fee of $10 for single membership or $15 for couple membership for three years. What a deal!
NOTE: You will be notified by the Quad-City Times when your membership is about to expire. Please be aware that it takes a few weeks to get your membership card when you join or renew. You can sign up for events as soon as you become a member.
Join the Plus 60 Club Online!
PROVIDING AN ACTIVE LIFESTYLE FOR THOSE 55 AND OVER
If you would rather sign up through the mail, click here for a downloadable pdf file. Print the page, complete the form, make checks payable to PLUS 60 CLUB, then mail your check with the form to: PLUS 60 CLUB, Quad-City Times, P.O. Box 3828, Davenport, IA 52808.
The Plus 60 Club, sponsored by the Quad-City Times, plans tours, dances, golf tournaments, picnics, bicycle rides, walks, baseball outings, entertainment events, seminars and educational opportunities. We also offer free events and discounts on a variety of events to help seniors stay active.
A 3-YEAR MEMBERSHIP IS ONLY $10 FOR SINGLES AND $15 FOR COUPLES.
Complete the online application for either new or renewed membership. EVERYONE AGE 55 AND OVER IS ELIGIBLE TO JOIN. Please note, it may take 4-6 weeks to get your membership card(s), but you may register for events as soon as your payment has cleared PayPal.
CAPTURING PLUS 60 EVENTS
By becoming a Plus 60 member and attending sponsored events, you are granting permission to Plus60 to use photographic and/or video images of you and your guests. Plus 60 may then display any of these images on this website, our Facebook page or the newspaper.