Welcome to the Quad-City Plus 60 Club!
What is the Quad-City Plus 60 Club and what can it offer you?
Founded in 1975, it is a unique social club of members age 55 and older living in the Quad-Cities and surrounding area, which offers activities to keep seniors active and engaged with the community and beyond. If you have a comment, suggestion or complaint, please visit the contact page to utilize the online form.
We have a non-profit status so charges for events only cover our expenses. Remember: we have nearly 6,000 members but we have no meetings; all of our events are managed by a volunteer board of members. The only time you devote to your membership is for the fun you choose!
Some of the benefits for membership are:
- One-Day Trips & Multi-Day Tours arranged by our Travel Partner, Tri-State Travel
- Free Tickets to a Club group performance at Playcrafters Barn Theatre in Moline
- Free Tickets to Selected Ballgames at Modern Woodmen Park
- Free Informational Lunch-and-Learn Sessions provided by Genesis Health Systems
- Outdoor Activities in Local Venues
- Annual Member Picnic
- Dinner Cruise on the Celebration Belle Riverboat
- Annual Overnight Riverboat Twilight Fall Cruise to Dubuque and back
- Sponsored Events, such as a dance or Meet & Greet social opportunities
- Annual Golf Outing for Men and Women
- Seminars and Lunches with & online Zoom classes arranged by Eastern Iowa Community College
- Events showcasing the Fine Arts, and programs/workshops at area museums
- Special Presentations at Various Quad City Venues
We also give community outreach monetary grants to agencies that provide services for seniors. If you participate in only a few activities, you’ll recoup your membership fee of $10 for single membership or $15 for couple membership for three years. What a deal!
NOTE: You will be notified by the Quad-City Times when your membership is about to expire. Please be aware that it may take up to six weeks to receive your membership card in the mail when you join or renew, because cards are produced once a month in a batch process on or about the 20th of each month. You can sign up for events as soon as you become a member by simply indicating to us that, “you submitted a renewed or new membership as of (insert date)” on your event registration.
Join the Plus 60 Club Online!
PROVIDING AN ACTIVE LIFESTYLE FOR THOSE 55 AND OVER
If you would rather sign up through the mail, click here for a downloadable pdf file. Print the page, complete the form, make checks payable to QUAD CITY PLUS 60 CLUB, then mail your check with the form to: PLUS 60 CLUB, Quad-City Times, P.O. Box 3828, Davenport, IA 52808.
The Plus 60 Club, sponsored by the Quad-City Times, plans a variety of local activities, as well as one-day trips and multi-day tours arranged by a travel partner, in support of an active lifestyle for its members. We also offer free events and discounts on a variety of events to help seniors stay active.
A 3-YEAR MEMBERSHIP IS ONLY $10 FOR SINGLES AND $15 FOR COUPLES.
Complete the online application for either new or renewed membership. EVERYONE AGE 55 AND OVER IS ELIGIBLE TO JOIN. Please note, you may register for events as soon as you successfully submit this form and receive the website response acknowledging receipt of your submitted form and payment. A new member can print ‘Applied’ and a renewing member can continue to print his/her existing membership number on Club event or trip registration forms until new or renewed membership cards are mailed to applicants within 4 to 6 weeks.
CAPTURING PLUS 60 EVENTS
By becoming a Plus 60 member and attending sponsored events, you are granting permission to Plus60 to use photographic and/or video images of you and your guests. Plus 60 may then display any of these images on this website, our Facebook page or the newspaper.